Thursday, September 22, 2016

Garden of Eden blog

Hey Guys! I’m back with a new blog because Mr. Reiff assigned it to us for homework. Today in class we read the beginning of Genisis and on the story of Adam and Eve. In the story, God forbids Adam and Eve from eating a fruit from the sacred tree in the middle of Eden. A cunning snake tricks Eve into eating the fruit and convincing Adam to eat one too. In my opinion, I think that God planned this to happen all along. I don’t mean this in a way to offend people. I think that God might have put this holy, sacred, mysterious tree right smack in the middle of the Garden of Eden purposely to test Adam and Eve whether they would obey him or not. I mean, what would be the point of putting a tree that was pleasing to the eye that is not allowed in such an obvious spot? I think that God was testing Adam and Eve. In the story, God says to Adam, “…but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.” This quote that is said to Adam makes this tree of “good and evil” seem very mysterious. This probably triggered Adam and Eve to be curious. Even though it was an evil serpent that actually talked Eve into eating it, If it wasn’t for God putting that tree in the garden in the first place, there would be no serpent tricking Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment